The SCC team believes that we can Transform Community One Relationship at a Time. Pastor Irene always says, To Walk Your Path you Plan To Execute then Execute the Plan!
With enrollment comes privilages - Parents that enlist as Soldiers on the Pathway of Hope work with our volunteer Family Care Coordinator and Parent Mentors to develop a Family Care Plan. This holistic asset-based document helps families Connect, Grow, and Serve
The family care plan
1) Assesses individual strengths and assets.
2) Identifies gaps and needs.
3) Sets goals to acheive self-sufficency.
With guidance from a Family Care Coordinator and parent mentors families access community resources and service providers that will help our Soldiers to "plan to execute and execute the plan". The ultimate goal is Self-Sufficientcy through living wage employment and home ownership. We have piloted our first cohort of single mothers who are ready to change the trajectory of thier lives and the lives of their children one good decision at a time.
Soldiers have the oportunity to work on the following each week with there family care coordinator.
- Assistance accessing Childcare in order to work or attend school
- Second Chance Diploma Program (Penn Foster Scholarship) offers the chance to reclaim the graduation experience missed.
- Assistance enrolling in Trade Program or college degree
- Use of in house laundry facility
- Rides to grocery store meal planning/budgeting assistance
- Pregnancy resources
- Parenting Education
- Baby supplies
- Regular Service Opportunities